The Pacific Flyway Shorebird Survey (PFSS) is looking for citizen science volunteers to conduct shorebird surveys in Coos Bay, Oregon! The survey will take place January 13th, 2016.
Time Commitment: ~1-2 days:
1. Review: Learn the protocol and training techniques
2. Scouting: Become familiar with your site; make sure you know the access points and how long it will take to cover the area.
3. Survey: One survey on January 13th, 2016 from 9:00am-11:00pm
4.Data Entry: Surveyors will enter their data online into the California Avian Data Center.
The best candidates for the project will:
1. Be confident with their shorebird identification
2. Have their own binoculars and scope (some scopes are available to borrow if needed) and possess reliable transportation
3. Be physically able to walk long-distances carrying a scope and tripod in muddy and often inclement conditions
4. Be willing to follow a protocol to count birds
5. Be comfortable entering data online into California Avian Data Center
6. Have a passion for and dedication to shorebird conservation
For more information about PFSS please visit www.prbo.org/pfss.
If you would like to participate or have any questions please contact Ellie Armstrong, at email@example.com 541-201-0866 ext. 5.