Oak Science Day on November 3rd
Oak Science Day presented by the Klamath Siskiyou Oak Network seeks to broaden awareness related to oak ecology, conservation and, restoration, and to increase efforts and improve restoration techniques in the Klamath Siskiyou Bioregion. Researchers, land managers, and restoration practitioners are invited to attend.
An array of speaking will be presenting on topics all about oaks, ranging from ecology, fire history, restoration, climate change, applied science and more! Click here for more details and the meeting agenda.
- November 3rd from 8:30am-5:00pm in the Medford Large Room of the Medford Library, 205 S. Central Avenue Medford, OR.
- Followed by a field trip on November 4th from 9:00am-1:00pm to Upper Table Rock which will showcase a successful collaborative oak restoration project near Medford.
- Early registration is $25 until October 9th and $40 after. Registration is open until October 28th.
- Field trip registration is an additional $5.
- Please register at https://squareup.com/store/klamath-bird-observatory/item/kson-oak-science-day-nov-medford-oregon?square_lead=item_embed
Lodging: A block of rooms is reserved at Inn at the Commons (http://innatthecommons.com/) under the name “Oak Science Day” for November 2nd and 3rd. The rooms are $84/night plus tax and includes a hot breakfast buffet and discounted meals at Larks Restaurant located within the hotel. You must reserve your room before October 12th to receive this rate.
The meeting is an 8 minute walk from the hotel. Parking is available at a lot across from the Library for $5 per day, free on-street parking is limited to 1-2 hours.